Oven Baked Potatoes and Brussel Sprouts
Approx. 2 lbs. of baby red potatoes*
1 lb. of Brussel sprouts*
cumin (to taste)
oregano (to taste)
sea salt (to taste)
cracked pepper (to taste)
a dash or two of turmeric
(Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.)
1. Wash and chop up your potatoes into small round pieces, maybe 1/3 inch thick. Place them into a big bowl.
2. Wash and chop brussel sprouts in quarters. Make sure you slice off the bottom of the sprout. Lots of bacteria and fungi love to hang out there. Place them in the big bowl with the potatoes.
3. Rub the bottom and sides of your baking dish with the vegan butter.
4. Combine the seasonings in a small bowl. (my personal taste preference requires generous amounts of seasonings. I usually end up with about 2 tablespoons of seasonings, but you don't have to use that amount. Adjust to your taste preference. Go easy on the salt, especially if you're watching your weight, blood pressure, glucose levels, etc...)
5. Take the combined seasonings and sprinkle them into the veggies in your bowl. Mix everything well so that all the veggies are kind of coated with the seasonings.
6. Pour all the seasoning-coated veggies into your baking dish.
7. Put pats of vegan butter generously distributed onto your potatoes and brussel sprouts.
8. Bake uncovered at 375 for about 40 minutes or until veggies are soft and slightly browned.
(Serves maybe 5 people in my house, but for normal families, it would probably serve up to 8!) (We are not normal; our French/Peruvian heritage drives us to love food!)
Enjoy! Batey Avon!